Waste Management BI Business Analyst / Program Manager in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: BI Business Analyst / Program Manager
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 18000429
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Strategic Business Solution of Waste Management is looking for self-motivated BI Business Analyst responsible for Business Requirements, and providing good communications between the business stakeholders and the IT community for an analytics solution supporting WM’s national account clients.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Develop and support SBS system requirements, enhancements and updates. Deliver clear requirements that meet users’ needs and are which are feasible technically and in compliance with WM internal development standards and practices.
- Act as key interface between business stakeholders and user community and the IT community.
- Partner with all levels of IT including architects and developers on architecture, design and developing logical and physical data models.
- Communicate changes and enhancements verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and business stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to build compelling business case and ROI models for proposed changes.
- Work with test and QA to validate releases match the requirements set for it.
- Participate in and provide analysis shaping requirements, development estimates, and system designs.
- Present status as needed to teams and management in a professional and competent manner.
- Work with the project team to ensure timely accurate deliveries.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Will coach and mentor less experienced analysts and act as team leader on more complicated systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Hands-on experience with Business Intelligence solutions lifecycle solutions that analyze and/or manipulate data.
Experience with a Data Warehouse and Data Modeling, and BI/DW development methodologies.
Experience working with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS).
Excellent Communication Skills, both written and oral.
Excellent personal time management skills.
Good analytical and problem solving skills.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Eight years of relevant work experience as a IT Business Analyst (in addition to education requirement). Four years working as an IT Manager/Project Manager may substitute for the minimum years of experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Dashboard experience with Power BI and / or Spotfire products.
- Experience in Big Data and cloud development such as Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with hands on development of BI dashboards and metrics a plus, and understanding of statistical analysis methods.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Information Technology