Waste Management Account Manager - Van Buren, AR in Van Buren, Arkansas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
What do you think of when you hear the word “career”? Longevity, stability, promotions? Maybe even being a part of a work family? A home away from home? Here at Waste Management (www.wm.com), you’ll find all of those things and more. We are the most stable company (Fortune 250, symbol: WMI) in the most stable of industries: environmental solutions. And we’re the best at selling the most reliable service around. Everyone needs what we can provide!
If it’s a career you want, then we have you covered! We will challenge you in your sales career with us. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to move within the company, laterally or upwards. At Waste Management, we believe in taking care of our own. We will help you get to where you want to be. Entrust your career with us and you’ll soon realize how quickly WM can start to feel like home!
This position will cover Van Buren, Fort Smith, and south Springdale, AR.
Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current Waste Management customers. Manages existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. The Account Manager will "save, secure, and convert" by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service within the defined territory will be resolved through this position.
• This is a field-based position, but this person will be required to report into a local office every day. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
• Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers' service and/or profitability.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
• Updates and secures customer service agreements.
• Ensures that Bucket 1, 2, and 3 customers have current signed written agreements on file and the appropriate service agreement information is entered into MAS.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
Experience: 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in a non-consumer based industrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment that includes successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels. Internal requirements include 2-years proven success in a Level 3 sales position. Also preferred is prior experience with Salesforce.com.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required.
• Build Relationships
• Communicate With Impact
• Demonstrate Professionalism
• Make Sound Decisions
• Think Strategically
• Produce Results
• Know the Business
• Influence and Negotiate
• Manage Work/Time
• Use Ethical Practices
• Problem solving skills
• Proficient with computer and software applications
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. We offer a competitive Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401k plan, flexible spending accounts and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.