Waste Management Inside Account Manager - Greenleaf in TEMPE, Arizona
Title: Inside Account Manager - Greenleaf
Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Job Number: 18004275
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Provides professional expedient support to internal Waste Management Market Area sales teams to assist them in closing deals by utilizing Greenleaf managed equipment. Conducts training and develops material to educate the sales team on the variety of compaction equipment / monitors and their benefits via spec sheets, manuals, charts, websites, illustrations and videos
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Receives request for equipment orders, rentals and sale of equipment and provide quote documents in the facilitation of order processing
- Provide timely response to requests for equipment orders and communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Coordinate effectively with Equipment Operations team for the completion of equipment orders and successful placement of unit installation.
- Visits Market Areas to identify opportunities for increased sales and develop specific marketing/informational campaign
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout promotional materials and events.
- Manages any contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Plans, promotes, and executes sales meetings with Greenleaf sales team, Market Area WMBUs and community, industry, or goodwill events.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of project or operational management experience plus one year in direct business-to-business sales (in addition to education experience).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Techniques for identifying and managing new business opportunities
- Techniques for identifying and responding to objections
- Analyze and solve problems
- Conduct formal presentations
- Able to design customized solutions that address more than just waste services
- Excellent business and communication skills
- Understands how to calculate price and amounts such as discounts
- Basic software and web-based applications
- Active Learning
- Sales Disposition
- Motivational Fit
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Sales/Marketing