Waste Management Technician Assistant/Technician $2,000 Special Bonus in SOUTHFIELD, Michigan
Title: Technician Assistant/Technician $2,000 Special Bonus
Location: United States-Michigan-Southfield
Job Number: 18004001
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WMserves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial andmunicipal markets throughout North America through a network of collectionoperations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-basedenergy production projects.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Areyou ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a highlevel of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenancepractices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity whichwill allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provideopportunity for growth?
Our Mechanics aretrained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at somelocations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our Mechanic’ssafety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics andmanagers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards– check us out, we may be the company for you.
As an Assistant Mechanic or a Mechanic at WM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
Opportunity to work onnewer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
Competitive pay at anhourly rate and paid weekly
Grow your tool set: weoffer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
Stay safe: we have aprogram that allows you to receive prescription safety eye ware as well asa yearly boot allowance
Extra pay if you have aCDL
Have any diesel truckASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs.
If you don't have anyASEs, we will help you get them.
Two weeks paid trainingin Florida – then ongoing training
I. Job Summary
Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplishassigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM)on assigned equipment.
This position is secondshift.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform thefollowing tasks.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Washes vehicles and equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Education preferred: Auto or Diesel Maintenance degree or certificate
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
- Experience Preferred: Some auto, diesel, or heavy equipment experience.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Preferred
- Ability to learn
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Safety focused
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and workenvironment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for thisjob is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some casesbe greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Technician/Mechanic