Waste Management Regional Accounting Manager for a Fortune 250 Company - Sacramento, CA in SACRAMENTO, California
Title: Regional Accounting Manager for a Fortune 250 Company - Sacramento, CA
Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Job Number: 18005122
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages the accounting employees and activities within the finance department or division of the Company and coordinates the implementation of accounting control.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports, and ensures integrity and quality of financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and Waste Management policies.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs and Performs Month-End Close functions. Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Provides financial system oversight and support. Completes periodic audits of financial system controls.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct or indirect supervision of 8-10 full-time employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Preferred: 4-10 years experience with related industry
- Required: Previous management experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Preferred: CPA, GAAP
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Accounting/Audit/Finance