Waste Management Gas Technician - Landfill - Tunica, MS - $2000 Special Bonus in ROBINSONVILLE, Mississippi
Title: Gas Technician - Landfill - Tunica, MS - $2000 Special Bonus
Location: United States-Mississippi-Robinsonville
Job Number: 18002602
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
This position reports to the Gas Operations Manager and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection and control systems (GCCS). The GCCS consists of a series of extraction points known as wells, interconnected via piping. The collected gas is transported using gas conveyance equipment (such as a fan or blower). Landfill gas (LFG) collected by this extraction system from the landfill’s wellfield is combusted within a flare. Proper operation of the GCCS is required to comply with various State and Federal environmental regulations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The individual must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision. An individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and vary by location.
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
- GCCS operation and maintenance includes:
- Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
- Collect and manage data entry from wellfield extraction and environmental monitoring locations.
- Implement the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
- Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid levels within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials.
- Complete the WM Landfill Gas Technician I Training.
- Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and develop the ability to work within an environmentally regulated industry.
- Follow job related health and safety requirements and procedures
- Available for on-call response to GCCS related malfunction event(s).
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- 18 years of age or greater
V. Work Environment
Key points regarding the environmental demands and work environment are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, monitoring device use, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to __ pounds: on occasion
- Required to work outdoors approximately 80% of each workday, work involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements.
- Required to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances on a daily basis
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hardhat, safety boots, safety vest, personal multi-gas monitor, etc.) in accordance with company Health and Safety standards
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Thisposition is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000. This bonus is paidafter completion of one year of service with WM
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Technician/Mechanic