Waste Management WM Career Day - Mechanic - Diesel $2,000 Sign On Bonus & $2,000 Special Bonus in PORT HURON, Michigan
Title: WM Career Day - Mechanic - Diesel $2,000 Sign On Bonus & $2,000 Special Bonus
Location: United States-Michigan-Port Huron
Job Number: 18001504
WM National Career Day Hiring Event
Detroit Marriott Livonia
17100 North Laurel Park Drive Livonia, MI 48152
March 22, 2018
11:00am - 5:00pm
Apply now. Walk-ins are welcome.
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WMserves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial andmunicipal markets throughout North America through a network of collectionoperations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-basedenergy production projects.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Areyou ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a highlevel of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenancepractices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity whichwill allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provideopportunity for growth?
As a Diesel Mechanic atWM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
Opportunity to work onnewer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
Competitive pay at anhourly rate and paid weekly
Grow your tool set: weoffer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
Stay safe: we have a program that allows youto receive prescription safety eye ware as well as a yearly boot allowance
Extra pay if you have aCDL
Have any diesel truckASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs.
If you don't have anyASEs, we will help you get them.
Two weeks paid trainingin Florida – then ongoing training
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, you will perform preventive maintenance services andinspect, diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two year(s) of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn how to maintain our highly complex trucks – both diesel and CNG
- Pride in your work
- Desire to become a team member of a dedicated group of professional mechanics
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and workenvironment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for thisjob is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Technician/Mechanic