Waste Management WM Career Day - Fleet Maintenance Supervisor - Diesel in PORT HURON, Michigan
Title: WM Career Day - Fleet Maintenance Supervisor - Diesel
Location: United States-Michigan-Port Huron
Job Number: 17020095
WM National Career Day Hiring Event
Detroit Marriott Livonia
17100 North Laurel Park Drive Livonia, MI 48152
March 22, 2018
11:00am - 5:00pm
Apply now. Walk-ins are welcome.
Looking for a professional to fill our Fleet Maintenance Supervisor position who has the drive, ability, and skill set to progress to a District Fleet Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
You will supervise and provide direct leadership for our 2nd Shift diesel technicians. Your duties will also include managing work flow and assigning tasks.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full-time employees including: mechanics, technicians, clerks.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Direct management of 2 or more diesel technicians
- Hands on Diesel mechanical experience and extensive knowledge including hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics.
- Fleet maintenance management experience in a metric driven environment
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Maintenance and repairs skills, and supervisory experience may be required.
- Strong coaching skills
- Strategic thought process
- Good computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate KPIs to workforce.Working knowledge of CNG engine systems
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Operations