Waste Management Labourer/DZ Driver, Transfer Station/Shop in ONTARIO, Canada
Title: Labourer/DZ Driver, Transfer Station/Shop
Job Number: 18004611
Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks under minimal supervision supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring cleanliness of the yard and wash bay.
- Performing washing of vehicles in the wash bay.
- Ensuring environmental compliance.
- Assisting container maintenance department as required.
- Lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading vehicles.
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned, ensuring all work is completed in a safe manner.
- DZ licence is required for this position, as you will be required to move trucks around the yard. No commercial driving experience necessary
- Previous work experience in a similar environment an asset.
- Welding knowledge/experience an asset.
- Painting/spray-painting work experience an asset.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity occasionally.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds, most of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) occasionally.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day.
- Normal setting for this job is: in weld shop, paint shop and outdoors in the yard.
- PPE required at all times in paint/weld shop.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, company pension and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays. Please note that benefits may vary by site and are in accordance with the collective agreement in place.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Labor General/Skilled/Trade