Waste Management DZ Driver, Commercial Waste Services in ONTARIO, Canada
Title: DZ Driver, Commercial Waste Services
Job Number: 18002015
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform this job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA and MTO requirements as well as all local and provincial laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by the Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
• Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
• Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Completes and submits customer tickets as required when excessive yardage must be removed.
• Positions and returns containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 1 year of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring a DZ or equivalent within the last 7 years.
• Holds a current AZ or DZ licence.
• Acceptable driving record required
• Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN
• Successfully complete pre-employment MTO drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Driver