Waste Management Municipal Coordinator (Contract Compliance Rep I) - Oakland, CA in OAKLAND, California
Title: Municipal Coordinator (Contract Compliance Rep I) - Oakland, CA
Location: United States-California-Oakland
Job Number: 18003467
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position is a blended role of Contract Compliance and Public Education/Outreach WM within the City of Hayward. Serve in an entry-level advisory capacity for all contract matters within Area Public Sector Services.
The Representative will have a thorough understanding of WM service offerings and be able to utilize WM relationships and resources to achieve municipality recycling and sustainability goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Designs and delivers educational programs and presentations focused on achieving sustainability goals and driving awareness of WM efforts in the community. Is able to understand customer base and customize programs/presentations to customer needs.
- Thoroughly understands the WM contract; develops and implements programs to achieve and surpass contractual metrics.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets contract data requests.
- Monitors contract performance for compliance to terms and conditions and reports non-compliance issues.
- Understands which behaviors have the most impact on diversion rates/recycling outcomes and is able to make innovative yet credible and implementable recommendations to the wide variety of municipal stakeholders. Takes the lead in developing solutions; is a thought leader.
- Conducts site surveys and waste audits in order to make credible recommendations to customers based on sound business rationales. Knows Area specific capabilities per district and ensures that recommendations are in alignment with operational capacity - current and planned.
- Understands customer needs and how to formulate suggestions and proposals in ways that meet customer needs. Has the WM product knowledge necessary in order to recommend upsell of other solutions that may meet customer needs.
- Investigates contract related discrepancies, complaints and disputes between departments, vendors, contractors and other involved parties.
- Has a deep understanding of WM’s overall business and strategy and demonstrates support of WM’s strategic goals consistently.
- Works as a team with Public Sector Sales to assist in creating overall strategy for the municipality and contract.
- Provide customer facility tours on an as needed basis
- Cultivates and improves community partnerships by attending and participating in public events, meetings and other programs on behalf of the recycling organization.
- Prepares and files various reports for internal and external use, such as recycling program analysis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position does not manage employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business Administration, Public Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: No prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Contract management experience may be required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Operations