Waste Management Industrial Account Manager - Northern California in OAKLAND, California
Title: Industrial Account Manager - Northern California
Location: United States-California-Oakland
Job Number: 18000952
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
This position will cover all of Northern California and can report out of any Northern California offices. Presents the full line of WM services to prospective WM customers, or assigned area of responsibility. Manages existing revenues and develops revenue opportunities within an established geographical territory. Meets or exceeds individual sales goals for new business with industrial and hazardous waste customers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Effectively utilizes, coordinates and cultivates relationships with internal and external customers. Interacts and works cohesively with the other industrial sales team members.
• Achieves or exceeds budgeted revenue goals for new business with industrial and hazardous waste customers in assigned sales territory.
• Maintains existing base business; identified new waste streams and new base business customers. Targets and closes event business opportunities.
• Drives pre-tax profits through innovative pricing and contracting strategies.
• Develops comprehensive sales plan for assigned territory in conjunction with division sales plan and goals.
• Works in tandem with Technical Service Representatives to assist customers in every aspect of waste disposal process. This includes but is not limited to: waste profiling, proposal preparation, pricing, contracting, and providing regulatory updates.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of industrial and hazardous waste regulations (RCRA, TSCA, CERCLA).
• Demonstrates superior sales and organizational skills.
• Identifies local market dynamics, and defines and implements basic countermeasures to offset competitive campaigns, pricing deterioration, and/or changes to regulatory drivers.
• Assists in collecting receivables within contracted time period.
• Communicates competitive and market information to management to assist in business unit planning and strategies.
• Maintains firm adherence to the management and control of confidential information.
• Provides monthly sales reports, commissions and expenses on a timely basis.
• Attends industrial sales meetings and training classes as deemed appropriate.
• Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Industrial Sales Manager.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
Experience: 3 years industrial or hazardous waste sales work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Preferred: CHMM or equivalent.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Knowledge of hazardous waste requirements, and DOT regulations required. Excellent oral and written skills required. Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organizational skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must demonstrate the ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Must effectively present information to top management, public groups, customers, and general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Job Field: Sales/Marketing