Waste Management Procurement Supplier Manager in LOMBARD, Illinois
Title: Procurement Supplier Manager
Location: United States-Illinois-Lombard
Job Number: 18004322
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This Procurement Supplier Manager (PSM) position is responsible for performing tasks relating to strategic management of suppliers towards performance, cost and compliance goals. Work with Strategic Sourcing Managers and Area Procurement leaders to qualify new Suppliers, negotiate pricing and manage the performance of Suppliers. Provide support to internal customers and participate in special projects and activities that enhance the department’s effectiveness.
Market Area or Regional in scope: It is expected the person will be involved with Enterprise initiatives, may back up an APM and is very knowledgeable on the whole procurement process.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Establish the sourcing strategy, or assist Strategic Sourcing for assigned spend categories. Once a sourcing strategy has been developed, the PSM will help communicate, monitor and manage business unit compliance with the strategy. The PSM will also establish working relationships with cross-functional teams (with other PSMs and functional subject matter experts), bringing a strategic sourcing perspective to all key processes.
- Build up and maintain overall supplier & internal customer relationship. Work with key stakeholders to deploy effective procurement strategies for select spend categories and to increase the ability to leverage volume and spend.
- The PSM will cooperate with and provide market area input to Corporate Strategic Sourcing Manager(s) as needed.
- Facilitate area RFPs and continually search for opportunities to reduce bottom line cost at the area level.
- Monitor and report the local performance of suppliers. Supplier performance will be tracked, reported and managed by the PSM. Formal and informal review procedures will be developed to provide feedback to suppliers and ensure that supplier performance issues are quickly addressed.
- Measure, track & report supply chain performance within each spend category. PSM will identify sources of data for required performance metrics, create a process to collect the data, and champion the actual collection efforts. Each quarter, the PSM will report to their Area Procurement Manager (APM) performance data for their assigned commodities. The PSM will conduct and support the supplier business review in region.
- Support Supplier Development and Continuous Improvement in Region.
- The PSM will team up cross-functional teams to look for year over year improvements in: total cost of ownership, value-added services and contract compliance.
- Maintain expertise in the assigned spend categories through relationships with other PSMs, business units, suppliers, market experts, and enterprise/regional liaisons. Know and apply value chain and value stream concepts.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five years of previous procurement/supply chain related experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Financial analysis, project management, and purchasing experience.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Procurement