Waste Management CDL Driver Swing - Residential, Up to $5,000 Benefits Reimbursement! in KUTZTOWN, Pennsylvania
Title: CDL Driver Swing - Residential, Up to $5,000 Benefits Reimbursement!
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Kutztown
Job Number: 18004224
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Eligible for Special Bonus of $2,000!
This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000. This bonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM.
Up to $5,000 Benefits Reimbursement!
WM will reimburse your COBRA or other health insurance premiums during the first 90 days of employment up to $5,000, eligibility for the
complete benefit package begins on the 91st day.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Swing Drivers substitute for the drivers of open routes, supporting drivers to complete routes, and provides other operational support as directed by the Route Manager, which may include training of new drivers, or participating in routing projects. Swing Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- None required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 year of relevant work experienceoperating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air-brake endorsement.
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Driver