Waste Management Manager, Outside Sales - Interior BC & Vancouver Island in Kelowna, British Columbia
As the Manager, Outside Sales for the area including Vancouver Island & the Interior BC you will be responsible for leading a sales team of 9-12 highly skilled, motivated sales representatives for a Fortune 250 Company, the leading provider of environmental services in North America. The right candidate is a results-driven, experienced sales leader with ability to inspire, coach and mentor sales professionals fulfill their potential and exceed revenue growth targets.
This position reports directly to the Area Sales Director and will collaborate with accomplished leaders throughout the $13B company. The Manager, Outside Sales possesses strong business acumen and develops strategies to grow and retain profitable business within their area. This individual works closely with the sales team on complex customer and prospect opportunities to aid their reps in successfully closing deals.
Ultimately, the Manager, Outside Sales is responsible for execution of key strategies and initiatives to deliver strong net new revenue for the company.
• Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Sales Team.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Market Area Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
• Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
• Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop the skills of the sales representatives.
• Supervises activities of the sales representatives and ensures that team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, and new sales revenue.
• Effectively manages, maintains and ensures the use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures entire Outside Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
• Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to the sales representatives and customers.
• Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
• Interviews and selects qualified candidates for sales rep positions.
• Direct supervision of 9 full-time employees, including: outside, inside, and retention sales reps
• Indirect supervision of 5 full-time employees, including: admin
What you will need:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED plus 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience: Three years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
• Candidates must be able to: build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate adaptability, think analytically, demonstrate integrity and courage, demonstrate professionalism, demonstrate leadership/coaching, initiate action, produce results, think strategically, focus on customers, gain commitment, influence and negotiate, leverage diversity, manage work/time, plan and organize, and use ethical practices.
• This is an office & field role. The successful candidate can be based out of Kelowna, Victoria or Vancouver
Salary & Benefits:
You will receive a competitive total compensation package (for sales roles that includes a base salary plus commission) as well as Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. You will also get a chance to take part in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (Free Money!!) and company matched RRSP.
Call to Action:
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
If you’re not ready to apply and have some questions for me (Tricia Klunder) – please pick up the phone and give me a call on my cell @ 416-312-9240 or email me directly email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.