Waste Management WM Career Day - Heavy Truck Mechanic ($2,000 Special Bonus) - Houston, TX in HOUSTON, Texas
Title: WM Career Day - Heavy Truck Mechanic ($2,000 Special Bonus) - Houston, TX
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Number: 18003698
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
WM Career Day - Heavy Truck Mechanic
Address: 10701Todd Street Houston, Texas 77055
Date/Time: Thursday, March 22, 2018 from9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Do you want to work for a growing company ? Looking for great benefits and competitive pay? Would you enjoy working in a company culture focused on teamwork, customer service and safety ? If you are an experienced diesel/heavy truck mechanicand this sounds like you, Waste Management has a great opportunity for you!
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000. This bonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM . Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
Work schedule: 4 pm – 12 am (or until finish), Monday - Friday, may include some Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 year(s) of previous experience working on heavy trucks (diesel) or equivalent military heavy truck experience within the last 5 years.
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Must have experience with air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.” Walk-ins are welcomed!!!! Questions? Call Irvin Cobb @ 832-712-6708 .
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Technician/Mechanic