Waste Management Intern - Environmental Protection in HOUSTON, Texas
Title: Intern - Environmental Protection
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Number: 18003153
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Interacts with and conducts various duties and responsibilities for one or more functional teams in order to develop new skills and learn new areas of the business. Interns gain practical experience, relevant to their field of study, prior to college graduation.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Uses problem solving skills, determines problems, and understand fundamental parts of the problem.
- Conducts analysis as directed, and prepares and delivers insights and recommendations based on analysis.
- Synthesizes findings and draws conclusions from analyses and makes oral/written recommendations to supervisor and/or manager.
- Executes tasks directly related to functional projects and/or process improvements.
- Communicates issues and roadblocks related to areas of responsibility.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Interns must have a High school diploma or GED (accredited) and be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (accredited) in a field of study relevant to the internship. Completed Course Work Hours: 60.0
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Internship