Waste Management India Processing Level I - Snapshot in HARYANA, India
Title: India Processing Level I - Snapshot
Job Number: 18005160
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Ensures that vendors are paid in accordance with open accounts payable.
- Pays invoices correctly or passes to appropriate personnel for dispute resolution.
- Assists in keeping vendor accounts updated and accurate.
- Returns or resolves quality control issues in problem queues.
- Meets or exceeds individual productivity requirements.
- Resolves problem invoices with the highest degree of urgency.
- Follows standard procedures and introduces all new procedures into daily routine. .
- Maintains professional and productive relations and communications with internal customers.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed by manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.Com, M.com or equivalent degree.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as departmental reporting, e-mail & vendor correspondence.
- Ability to grasp and observe.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software, database software, M.S. Outlook, M.S. Word, MS Excel and M.S. PowerPoint.
- Problem solving skills, team handling ability, verbal and written communication should be good.
- The pace should be considered fast. To meet our vendor’s expectations we work in a very urgent environment.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Accounting/Audit/Finance