Waste Management Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll in GERMANTOWN, Wisconsin
Title: Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll
Location: United States-Wisconsin-Germantown
Job Number: 18003919
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, coordinates and administers basic human resource functions.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for payroll processing, including reporting, maintenance and client requirements.
- Works with site and department managers to assure accurate and timely payroll processing. This will include inputting data for computation in accordance with company policy. Must meet all payroll related deadlines to assure proper completion of payroll.
- Researches and resolves general client problems.
- Processes all salary changes due to merit increases, promotions, or range adjustments. Ensures that all necessary documents have been received, information accurately entered into the computer data base, and forwarded to payroll. Maintains Human Resources data base, and provides reports to managers as needed.
- Works with the Human Resources Manager to participate in salary and benefits surveys throughout the year. Assists with analyzing data and recommending changes.
- Answers routine benefits questions for managers and employees, and assists with problem solving.
- Works with department and site managers to submit requisitions and process job offer requests.
- Ensure all necessary forms and documents are completed and returned for new hires. Enters new employee information into computer data base, working closely with Payroll and Information Services. Sets up all necessary personnel files, answers questions, and follows up as needed.
- Handles and maintains all files, records, and reports for the Training and Career Development program. Sets up classes, tracks costs, and follows up on evaluations.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager with the development and implementation of training programs.
- Works with the Human Resources Team and Human Resources Manager to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of company-wide special program/process rollouts throughout the year.
- Handles and maintains all necessary files, binders, and clerical functions of the department.
- Participates as an active member of one or more cross-functional teams.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D, plus additional or specialized training, and zero to four years previous experience.
Experience: No prior work experience required
Desired Skill: Very strong MS Excel skills
B.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is:office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Human Resources