Waste Management Area Pricing Director in GERMANTOWN, Wisconsin
Title: Area Pricing Director
Location: United States-Wisconsin-Germantown
Job Number: 18004150
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for the development and execution of all price management strategic goals for the Area, including core price, in accordance with Corporate guidance.As a key business partner to the area leadership team, the Area Pricing Director has a major role in driving profitable business decisions. The ability to lead cross-functionally is a vital skill for success in this role.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Owns the Area pricing plans completely, including core price and yield goals, and drives execution to exceed expectations.
- Develops Price Management as a strategic capability by maintaining focus and ensuring proper resource allocation within the Area.
- Collaborates with Area Sales Director, Public Sector Manager and Area Vice President on profitable revenue growth strategy for the Area.
- Works closely with the Corporate Price Management team to develop pricing strategies and implementation plans, and directs the execution of such plans.
- Counsels other Area directors and managers as to execution of pricing programs, including alignment and impact on other department goals with ultimately goal of making the best decisions for the business.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation of emerging pricing tools.
- Mentors pricing analyst talent to ensure execution or key initiatives and development of next generation talent within the Area.
- Leads profitability improvement efforts including customer profitability, route efficiency, and major contract reviews including those that involve capital investment.
- Monitors and deciphers market conditions, pricing trends, and the effectiveness of pricing actions for opportunity to improve results.
- Responsible for leading pricing improvement efforts for all facets of the business, utilizing experience and relationships in all lines of business.
- Manage maintenance of all pricing tools and ensure adherence to pricing standards and approvals for new growth and retention pricing in the Area.
- Develops revenue budget in a timely manner, forecasting financial and human resource needs for future time periods. Validates pricing assumptions to support revenue analysis and budgeting process as required.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 3 full-time employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Demonstrated Performance
- Leadership potential including ability to influence up, down, and across the organization
- Proven track record of consistently delivering quarterly core price results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive initiative to drive price growth opportunities in the Area
- Demonstrated ability of hiring and developing talented individuals both within pricing and/or throughout the Area
B. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Finance, Business Administration or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience in Pricing or Revenue Management including at least three years managing team of two of more individuals (in addition to education requirement).
C. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- May require understanding of the link between operations and financial outcomes, and the ability to make sound business decisions based on seasoned financial analysis.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Accounting/Audit/Finance