Waste Management Utility Worker - Maintenance - $2000 Special Bonus in GAITHERSBURG, Maryland
Title: Utility Worker - Maintenance - $2000 Special Bonus
Location: United States-Maryland-Gaithersburg
Job Number: 18005159
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Why Work for Waste Management:
• A $2,000 Special 2018 Bonus!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry leading Health Insurance
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Discount Programs, Adoption Assistance Program, Legal Services Plan, and more!
• Ongoing Training and Career Advancement Opportunities
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement.
Under direct supervision, assists with basic truck shop cleaning and maintenance-related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Carries tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Four years of relevant work experience.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000. This bonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Technician/Mechanic