Waste Management Hiring Residential CDL Drivers! Florence, SC $2000 Special Bonus! in FLORENCE, South Carolina
Title: Hiring Residential CDL Drivers! Florence, SC $2000 Special Bonus!
Location: United States-South Carolina-Florence
Job Number: 18001202
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
If you have more than 3 months CDL driving experience, route CDL driving experience or have CDL experience with a similar truck type call Tina at 980-337-5327 to set up your interview today.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WMserves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial andmunicipal markets throughout North America through a network of collectionoperations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilitiesand waste-basedenergy production projects.
What We Offer You
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. Aswell as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards andmore! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees alsoreceive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefitsmay vary by site.
- Pay: $14.00/hr DOE
- This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of$2000 . This bonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM.
Residential Driversoperate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residentialhousehold waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to adisposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal loadcapacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments.Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Driversget in and out of the truck eachstop to empty cans. This is a very physical position. Residential drivers are vital to ourcommunity and they are a neighborhood staple for residents. Being ontime is essential and they are teamoriented to ensure customers are serviced.
Work Schedule: 4:20AM start until finished, average 11 hour work days, 5 day work week, may include some Saturdays.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: None
- 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years preferred but not required.
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- New drivers will attend 2 weeks training in Florida
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Waste or garbage industry experience a plus
- Delivery, merchant driver experience a plus
Listed below are keypoints regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. Areasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management site in Florence, SC.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level ofphysical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater orlesser than documented here.
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Driver