Waste Management Hiring Container CDL Driver - Florence, SC $16/hr, $2000 Special Bonus in FLORENCE, South Carolina
Title: Hiring Container CDL Driver - Florence, SC $16/hr, $2000 Special Bonus
Location: United States-South Carolina-Florence
Job Number: 18003223
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Lookingfor a new career? Seeking a position where you can do local travel ? Do you enjoy doing work not just behind thewheel? Looking for a company that values safety first ? Are you tired of doing the same thing andlooking for an opportunity to grow? If this sounds like you, Waste Management hasthe perfect match for you! Apply today and come to our hiring event!
April 20 10A-2P (Walk-ins Welcome!)
Hiring Event at SC Works
1558 West Evans Street
Florence SC 29501
About Waste Management
WasteManagement (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider ofcomprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We arestrongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism andfinancial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
What We Offer You
AtWaste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Pleasenote that benefits may vary by site.
- Pay: $16.00/hr
- Thisposition is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000 . This bonus is paidafter completion of one year of service with WM.
The Driver Container safelyoperates a heavy-duty crane mounted truck and is responsible for loading, andtransporting material containers to/from customer locations. Drivers willnavigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate intight overhead environments.Highly skilled backingmaneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
WorkSchedule:Five day work week, early morning starts, 10-12 hour work days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Completes site evaluations to ensure locations are conductive for safe and proper servicing.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 1 year(s) of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Hold a current Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with an air brake endorsement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane operation. (Some states may requires certification.)
- Preferred experience in a route position
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is located at the Waste Management site in Florence, SC.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ pounds. and pushing or pulling up to __ pounds on wheels.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/ GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Driver