Waste Management Spotter in DAVIE, Florida
Location: United States-Florida-Davie
Job Number: 18005650
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under direct supervision, assists the Equipment Operators with various tasks, ensuring a neat and safe work environment at the transfer station for all employees and customers, and enhancing the appearance of the site to the surrounding properties.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Directs traffic at the working face.
- Performs random load checks following all related safety policies and procedures.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance on the water truck as required.
- Hauls water for dust control.
- Maintains site landscaping.
- Reports any worker-public safety factors and/or vehicle malfunctions.
- Maintains an awareness of activities and persons on or around the site and reports unusual activities to a supervisor.
- Follows appropriate lifting and grasping procedures.
- Approaches all encounters with customers and general public in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Attends weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- Attends training on work-related topics.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None Required.
- Experience: Four years of previous relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Labor General/Skilled/Trade