Waste Management Material Handler (2nd Shift) - Columbus, MS in COLUMBUS, Mississippi
Title: Material Handler (2nd Shift) - Columbus, MS
Location: United States-Mississippi-Columbus
Job Number: 18005954
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Material Handlers move recyclable material through the facility, conducts material grading and evaluates for sale destination.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Moves material through the facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, handcarts, hoists, cranes) as required
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Uses PC tablets to dispense and receive information such as part numbers, quantities, locations, comments, etc.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers
- Properly documents work performed
- Conducts material audits
- Shift is 3:30pm to 12:00am, M-F
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: None required.
- Experience: None required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift experience preferred
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Labor General/Skilled/Trade