Waste Management Inbound Account Manager in COLUMBIA, Maryland
Title: Inbound Account Manager
Location: United States-Maryland-Columbia
Job Number: 18003184
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmentalservices in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operatingexcellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal marketsthroughout North America through a network of collection operations, transferstations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy productionprojects.
Being number one means, WM investsin our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems andprocesses, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business.Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clientsthroughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others andseeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Responds same day to controllableand uncontrollable customer cancellation requests assigned to the Inside SalesChannel. Through the development and implementation of sound retentionstrategies and the use of effective negotiation skills minimizes the impact ofcancellation request and rate rollbacks. Secures updated contract agreementsfrom customers. Coordinates and supports flip process to Outside SaveSpecialist or Account Manager to assure optimal customer retention.
II. Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• “Saves, secures, and converts” byhandling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education ofcontract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contractcommitments using sound telephone based negotiation practices.
• Resolves escalations for customerservice within the defined territory.
• Generates revenue growth byutilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current WasteManagement customers.
• Establishes and maintains a highlevel of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retentiongoals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolveunique customer issues.
• Reduces lost accounts by diffusingcancellation requests and providing immediate flip on accounts unable to besaved over the phone.
• Increases revenue andprofitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve thecustomers’ service and/or profitability while minimizing price rollbacks.
• Matches Waste Management serviceswith customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing andcompetition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies;proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referringinternally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Managementsales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database,Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Acquires in depth industry andcompany knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and makerecommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions thatare compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
• Updates and secures customerservice agreements.
The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High school diploma orGED (accredited) and one year of relevant work experience.
• Experience: One year non-consumerbased industry sales (in addition to education requirement).
B. Other Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Required
General Competencies Include:
• Build Relationships
• Communicate With Impact
• Demonstrate Professionalism
• Make Sound Decisions
• Think Strategically
• Proficient with Computer andSoftware Applications
• Produce Results
• Know the Business
• Influence and Negotiate
• Manage Work/Time
• Use Ethical Practices
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key pointsregarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is:office setting and/or landfill/outside.
At Waste Management, each eligibleemployee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical,Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as aStock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees alsoreceive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note thatbenefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunitythat you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job Field: Sales/Marketing