Waste Management Scalehouse Attendant in Carp, Ontario
Our Scalehouse Attendante serve as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at a WM facility; calculates payments, checks loads, and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
• Correctly calculates payments for customers.
• Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
• Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
• Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing, and completes required reports.
• Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed.
• Works overtime as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
• Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• High school diploma/GED
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, RRSP matching and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation & Holidays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran