Waste Management Sr. Facility Operator/ Roustabout- $5,000 Bonus! in Balmorhea, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has turned to the Permian as the site for a new breed of waste/disposal facility that will specifically cater to oil and gas operators in the region. Anticipated open date will be mid to late June 2018. The facility will serve as a ‘one-stop shop’, integrating transport, waste services, environmental solutions into one platform.
I. Job Summary
Ability to perform manual labor at an Oilfield Slurry Injection Facility under direct supervision. Acts as a Team Lead of an assigned technician crew.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to:
o Lifting and moving materials greater than 50lbs
o Operating Slurry Injection Equipment
o Industrial cleaning of oilfield equipment at facility
o Knowledge about packers, seals and repairing injection pumps
o The use of hand tools
o Other activities in maintaining equipment or in assisting mode.
o Communicate issues back to Manager
o Assign duties to others and give direction as needed
o Complete field job description documentation
o Directing and unloading trucks
• Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid Driver’s License
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
• Experience operating high pressure pumps.
• Operating shaker screens and fluid management systems.
• Drilling fluid and circulating systems.
• Salt Water Disposal
• Knowledge of Slurry Injection operations
• Mechanically inclined
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) occasionally;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is: manual labor at an Oilfield Slurry Injection Facility.
• Work shifts may vary
• Ability to work in high paced, multi-tasked environment
• Safety First and Customer First focus
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.