Waste Management Operations Field Crew Lead - $5,000 Bonus in Balmorhea, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has turned to the Permian as the site for a new breed of waste/disposal facility that will specifically cater to oil and gas operators in the region. Anticipated open date will be mid to late June 2018. The facility will serve as a ‘one-stop shop’, integrating transport, waste services, environmental solutions into one platform.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for performing a wide range of semiskilled operating or maintenance tasks under minimal supervision. Acts as a Team Lead of an assigned field technician crew at an Oilfield Slurry Injection Facility.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• As the Lead team member:
o Transport Field Technicians to site via Company truck
o Communicate issue back to Manager
o Assign duties to others and give direction
o Complete field job description documentation
• Performs general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to:
o Lifting and moving materials greater than 50 lbs.
o Operating industrial vacuum equipment (guzzler).
o Industrial cleaning of oil field equipment.
o The use of hand tools.
o Spending time in confined space (including pits and Roll Off boxes).
o Other activities in a helping or assisting mode.
• Performs maintenance and housekeeping tasks.
• Loads and unloads trucks, tanks, etc.
• Assists with minor repairs to equipment.
• Helps to test and maintain area safety shutdown equipment to ensure compliance with company and government regulations.
• Records daily production and prepares gauge reports, operating logs and related documentation.
• Practices awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (gas environment, high-pressure wells, oil spills and line leaks, inclement weather, acts of vandalism, etc.).
• May join with technical groups and field personnel on teams to promote production efficiency and safety.
• Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: Three years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Valid Driver's License.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
• Experience operating high pressure pumps.
• Operating shaker screens and fluid management systems.
• Drilling fluid and circulating systems.
• Salt Water Disposal
• Knowledge of Slurry Injection operations
• Mechanically inclined
• Permit-Required Confined Space [29CFR1910.146]
• 8-Hour Entrant & Attendant Program
• HAZWOPER [29 CFR1910.120] 40-Hour Worker Program
• CPR & First Aid
• A field tech can work once they have the 8-hour CS but it is recommended they receive the 40-hour and CPR/First Aid within 30 days.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or Oilfield disposal/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.