Waste Management Sr Route Manager - RollOff in Woburn, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis at a single, large hauling site. Supervises Route Managers and Drivers from multiple lines of business: Residential, Commercial, Roll-Off, Port-to-let, Tractor Trailer, HCS, Bagster (does not include Oilfield Services)
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities, including monitoring driver time and coordinating daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver by collecting accurate data and reporting for various incentive pay programs.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies. Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation and OSHA.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate. Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Assists with personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Ensure adherence to facility best practices and processes by conducting regular auditing. Ensure that the monthly facility inspection is completed and that the site remains compliant.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises drivers in the districts from all lines of businesses. Mentor/Coach less experienced Route Managers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience in transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations (in addition to education).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Sr Route Manager - RollOff
Requisition ID: 17011023