Waste Management Public Sector Sales Rep III(Greater Boston/Central MA) in Woburn, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financialstrength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one meansWM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-artsystems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in thebusiness. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfactionto our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helpingothers and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Uses sales skills andcontent knowledge to promote and assist with sales and service activities forpublic sector customers and prospects in a designated Area. Uses aconsultative selling approach to retain and expand business with current WasteManagement customers. Assists in establishing and maintaining effectiveworking relationships with Waste Management’s franchise operations in cities,counties, and special districts ensuring that existing, extended, and newcontracts are favorable to the Company.
Serves as a companyrepresentative for local officials, community stakeholders, and associatedbusinesses. Uses various media channels to coordinate and disseminate publicityand good-will information concerning Waste Management.
II. EssentialDuties and Responsibilities
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily execute thefollowing duties and responsibilities:
• Manage existing contracts includingrelationship maintenance, contract terms, service offerings, price increasesand extensions
• Maintain and enhance customer relationships and satisfaction throughinvolvement in the community. This includes but is not limited to: attendingpublic functions, City Council/Board meetings and other community events,conducting community educational and informational outreach and working withappropriate media outlets for communication purposes
• Coordinate activities with other Waste Management departments asnecessary to deliver on contract and service expectations
• Develop strategies to strengthen/deepen service offerings and walletshare of existing contracts
• Utilize contract management and audit tools to maximize contract valueand compliance
• Utilize revenue acceleration tools for existing contract renewalsand target pursuits, shaping RFP’s and existing contracts to provide valuepropositions that match customer needs and Waste Management offerings
• Develop community partnerships with elected officials and key communitystakeholders that result in positive press coverage and have a beneficialimpact on the community and Waste Management
• Provide support and insight on political strategies, activity and needswithin a community
• Coordinate, oversee and manage all bid responses, including pricinganalysis, reporting and other exhibits as required
• Develop marketing strategies that identify retention and growthopportunities that include supporting strategies, resources and timelinesnecessary to accomplish goals
• Continue to build skills by participating in on-going training offeredby the Company
This job has nosupervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job:
A. Education and Experience
Education: Associate'sDegree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years work experience in Business Administration,Communications, Political Science, or Economics.
Experience: 5 years ofrelevant work experience (in addition to education requirement), in governmentrelations, outside sales, public service, or related field.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Required
- Negotiation skills and experience with profitability analysis required
- Bid preparation and contract management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups
V. Work Environment
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for thisjob is an office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, andPersonal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Title: Public Sector Sales Rep III(Greater Boston/Central MA)
Requisition ID: 17011080