Waste Management Compactor Mechanic in Woburn, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
WasteManagement (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider ofcomprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are
strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financialstrength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under generalsupervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnosesand repairs compactors and containers.
II. Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems as needed.
- Utilizes computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on compactor and container repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education andExperience
- Education: None required
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are keypoints regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. Areasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level ofphysical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater orlesser than documented here.
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short TermDisability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, andmore! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Compactor Mechanic
Requisition ID: 17011093