Waste Management Supv Inside Retention in Wixom, Michigan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Supervises the Retention Desk. The Retention Desk consists of multiple Save Specialist Reps that take inbound cancellation request call activity. Manage each Market Area’s account retention program and assign retention responsibility to the appropriate Save Specialist.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties as assigned.
- Work with Market Areas to establish and or refine cancellation processes. These processes would include: Call Flow, MAS Cancellation Ticket Process, Communication protocol between Cancel Desk and Market Areas. Tracking and reporting procedures, etc..
- Establish and or refine Coaching and Training Protocol using RESPOND training as basis. This would include: Daily, weekly, and monthly training regiments for individual reps as well as the team. Coaching should consist of desk side activity as well as remote listening and performance measurement.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing development of the Cancellation Desk.
- Generates revenue by retaining existing customers and executing the Area’s Sales & Marketing Plan to achieve revenue goals by sales channel ensuring internal revenue growth through additional services, and maintaining profitability on retained accounts.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Retention Team.
- Handle any escalated customer calls. These calls may include when a customer requests to speak with a Supervisor or with any other customer call.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction on all transactions with existing customers. Communicates to and works with the Area Sales Manager to help resolve unique customer issues/concerns.
- Supervises activities of the Save Specialist retention department. Ensures team members meet or exceed goals for cancellations, proactive retention, pricing, service upgrades, referral generation and productivity, along with other possible metrics as defined by the position of a Save Specialist.
- Forecasts and recruits qualified candidates for available and/or upgraded retention positions.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program to upgrade the skills of assigned retention personnel and develop their opportunities for promotion, if available.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing proactive account retention program, which includes meeting customer retention goals.
- Works with the Area Sales Manager to communicate and effectively manage the Area’s price increase strategies including meeting price increase goals.
- Effectively maintains and ensures the use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Record Setter, Proposal Master, MAS, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures that the entire Retention Representative Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Analyze lost business trends and recommends corrective actions.
- Provides industry knowledge and interpretation of regulations to customers.
- Participates in and takes ownership of municipal account retention when and if required.
- Regularly meets with customer executives to ensure client needs are met and expectations exceeded.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes direct supervision of up to _ full-time employees, typically Inside Save Specialists
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Sales/Marketing, Business Administration or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Supv Inside Retention
Requisition ID: 17010815