Waste Management Residential Marketing Manager in Wixom, Michigan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages and direct all facets of Open Market Residential (OMR) business along with Marketing for the Area. The position will require the management of the Residential Save Specialist team, coordination and management of third party sales, if necessary; and manage all marketing for the Area including online and print marketing campaigns.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Provide managerial oversight to the Residential Save Specialist team. Ensures members meet or exceed goals for retention, proactive retention, pricing, service upgrades, referral generation and productivity, along with other possible metrics as defined by the position of a Save Specialist.
- Generate new revenue by directing third party contractors to sell in markets where growth is desired. Direct outbound marketing campaigns for growth in desired markets. Retaining existing customers and execute the Area’s Sales Plan to achieve revenue growth goals.
- Maintain an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program to upgrade the skills of assigned retention personnel and develop their opportunities for promotion, if available.
- Develop, maintain and reinforce the Market Area OMR sales strategy.
- Manage all marketing for the Area including online and print marketing campaigns.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction on all transactions with customers. Communicate to and work with the Area Sales Director to help resolve unique customer issues/concerns.
- Forecast and recruit qualified candidates for available and/or upgraded retention positions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 8-10 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 5 years previous managerial experience with direct report responsibility, and 3 or more years of marketing. Call center experience is also preferred.
B.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Residential Marketing Manager
Requisition ID: 17014142