Waste Management Software & Integration Engineer in Windsor, Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
Waste Management, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with extensive background in customer software development, integration development, and building high-quality, high performance applications on a Microsoft, C#/.Net, and SalesForce.com (SFDC) stack. As a software developer, you will be responsible for designing, architecting, and building a new digital transformation platform to replace our existing business applications. This person will work on a team of experienced software analysts and developers to develop our transformation platform, in collaboration with experience business resources & SI partners. We're looking for a talented developer who is passionate about building quality systems with software implementation best practices.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job roles & responsibilities include:
- Build new system integrations & microservices utilizing .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5/MVC3/MVC4/MVC5/ SQL Server/Service Fabric
- Participates in application development projects involving multiple applications (SFDC, Apttus, home grown) that impact multiple facets of the business.
- Develops enterprise-level information technology solutions by analyzing, documenting, coding, testing, and implementing new and by modifying existing software applications with full competency.
- Work with product owners and other developers to solve technical and logical issues.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Articulates design and resolves technical/design conflicts as they occur.
- Coordinates with technical lead, SI Partner(s), business analysts and users to determine requirements.
- Follows DevOps best practices – including continuous integration and unit testing best practices
- Participates in code reviews & maintenance
- Performs analyses of system requirements and of existing business processes and information systems
- Works with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Participates in the development of software.
- Other roles as assigned/required
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Minimum of (5) to eight (8) years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree. With a minimum of 3 full-life cycle software implementation projects.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and 10 years of previous software development experience. Prior Technical lead or solution architecture experience is highly preferred.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
None required. Microsoft, Salesforce certifications are a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technical knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Working knowledge of test driven development, automated unit testing and continuous integration.
- Advanced knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework and MVC 3/4/5.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working with T_SQL, SSIS/SSRS, C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Service Fabric and web services.
- Seeks knowledge of software implementation best practices and deployment strategies.
- Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008 or Oracle stored procedures.
- Experience with other software development platforms (PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java, C , etc.) is a plus.
- Prior experience working with, integrating, and deploying PaaS CRM solutions highly-preferred
- Previous experience with Quote-to-cash applications highly-preferred
- Experience working in Agile development framework is highly-preferred
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Strong ability to work in a customer interfacing environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Prior consulting experience a plus
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: Software & Integration Engineer
Requisition ID: 17014604