Waste Management Salesforce Administrator in Windsor, Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Description
Waste Management, is seeking an experience Salesforce Administrator to support a new Digital Transformation effort within our National Accounts business unit. This Salesforce administrator will be responsible, in coordination with an SI partner & both internal & external stakeholders, for configuration & implementation of a new SFDC Sales & Service Cloud installation. We're looking for a talented individual who is interested in working on a fast paced, fully funded Agile program.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job roles & responsibilities include:
- Own Salesforce implementation including custom fields and processes
- Build and maintain Salesforce reports and dashboards to track KPIs develop actionable intelligence and metrics around sales funnel.
- Act as the go-to Salesforce guru for our organization – helping the team to understand the data in front of them, how to use the tools provided most efficiently and data management of Salesforce records
- Monitor and manage data integrity while promoting best practices for system usage.
- Understands all aspects of Salesforce configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to the Salesforce release upgrades
- Apply change management processes for documenting, communicating, and testing code releases from Sandboxes to Production environments
- Manage and configure Salesforce integrations, including custom integrations
- Manage and configure Salesforce Sales & Service Cloud
- Proficient in Lightning Platform and capabilities
- Manages all new user set-ups and deactivation, including transferring ownership of accounts/contacts/opportunities for deactivated users
- Regularly audits data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvement
- Maintains updated system documentation and Salesforce policies/procedures
- Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Participate in daily code reviews to offer insight and ask questions
- Abide by team coding standards, development processes and best practices
- Work effectively individually and with team members to achieve customer satisfaction and success.
- Achieve Salesforce.com certification requirements; Platform Developer I and II.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job includes no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree with a Minimum of (3) to five (5) years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree. A minimum 3 years experience administering SFDC
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and 5 years of previous experience. Prior experience with SFDC, Apttus, and Genesys CTI.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Certified Salesforce Administrator essential required. Salesforce Platform Dev I and II certifications desirable.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technical knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Effectively collaborates with project team and client resources to deliver on technical requirements
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented concepts and design patterns, as well as prior work with OO languages (Java, Ruby, C#, C , etc) a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS a plus
- Prior experience working with an excellent understanding of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern a plus
- Professional development experience with an MVC framework (examples: Ruby on Rails, Struts) a plus
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of good UI design and ability to advise projects as to good UI design practices.
- Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly scrum and sprint based delivery.
- Prior Salesforce and Force.com experience.
- Seeks ongoing opportunities for Professional Development.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability and desire to participate in project planning and scoping
- Ability to manage commitments across multiple projects
- Ability to communicate project exceptions (e.g. slipping schedules) to project manager.
- Ability to serve as a mentor for the junior development team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: Salesforce Administrator
Requisition ID: 17014602