Waste Management Project Manager - Sales PMO in Windsor, Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This position serves as the liaison to the National Account Sales Directors and the Strategic Account Managers, assisting with the execution of customer deliverables with a range of customer agreements across multiple sales segments. Support is to be delivered in a structured project management format, maintaining action items, item owners, and due dates. All support and/or requirements that call for heavy data/financial analysis is to be performed in this role. The data/financial analysis requires a deep understanding of our business, various source data systems, and the ability to merge complex data sets for analysis to be presented in a compelling and easily understood format.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Gather information, create and manage project plans to address open customer deliverables or significant gaps.
- Gather and analyze data, both financial and statistical, from multiple sources to be used for reporting /analysis in support of ongoing customer specific strategy as well as broad based reporting to support the Sales function.
- Through individual projects, identify broad based opportunities for process improvement and internal efficiencies, customer focused programs, and content.
- Develop standardized process documentation and templates to support the SAMs
- Utilize existing pricing documents to summarize customer proposals visually and in a manner consistent with the strategy outlined by the SAMs
- Create content to be used by SAMs for customer business reviews, including but not limited to PowerPoint slides, charts, graphs, and other summaries
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses to support continuous customer program improvement and strategy
- Prepare and present analyses to support the ongoing management of the sales segments and sales segment-specific initiatives (market analysis, marketing collateral, sales pipeline analysis)
- Provide regular and recurring updates to Sales Directors and SAMs on recent projects to drive adoption and utilization of the PMO
- Prepare financial analysis and reporting to support contractual obligations to Strategic Account customers (accruals, rebates, budgeting/forecasting)
- Design and prepare recurring monthly, quarterly, and annual customer reporting that supports existing sales strategy and focus
- Provide project management support to cross-functional teams within Strategic Accounts (Operations, Sales, Finance)
- Develop and maintain a centralized repository of go to market content to support the sales segments.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is management through one or more managerial levels. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 0 to 10 full-time operations-level employees, contracted employees and/or other 3rd party vendors as individual projects demand
- Training, coaching/counseling, and assignment of work activities related to a project
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business, or in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of previous project management and business analytics experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, preferred.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Travel – 5-10%.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Project Manager - Sales PMO
Requisition ID: 17012241