Waste Management Program Manager - Sales in Windsor, Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Serves as a liaison between Customer, Sales Team and Recycling Facilities in relation to service issues and contract management. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues. The TRPM will directs all onsite activities at client site locations as it relates to the Total Recycling Program.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Waste Stream Evaluation: begin process by conducting a waste stream audit / evaluation at customer facility to determine the types and quantities of materials generated.
- Custom Solutions and Education: based on the waste stream audit / evaluation, develop a program tailored to the client’s needs and diversion goals and develop appropriate education and training materials to support program launch.
- Expert Implementation: provide (or sell) the equipment necessary to get materials from “desk to dock”, provide initial and ongoing education and training with building staff and tenants.
- Detailed Reporting: provide the customer with monthly environmental report that includes the waste and recycling weights as well as the environmental savings.
- Program Development: monitor the success of the program and recommend upgrades, re-education, and re-training as appropriate to ensure the program is successful.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting and/or customer retention and management experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Program Manager - Sales
Requisition ID: 17012346