Waste Management Industrial Engineer - Process Improvement Analyst in Windsor, Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Acts as a liaison between the business, senior leadership, and technology teams on operations, process redesign/improvement, process management, new systems, and enhancements of existing systems. The Process Improvement Analyst conducts business process analysis, needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis for technology enabled projects; conducts RCPS & redesign, and serves in program/product management roles on significant, inter-departmental projects within our National Sales location in Windsor, CT in an effort to align operations, process, and technology with business initiatives. The Process Improvement Analyst will work in both independent lead roles (partnered with other senior business leaders), as part of larger project teams, and acts as a resource in support of lower level Analysts. The Process Improvement Analyst is often required to be a SME for multiple large-scale projects at any given time.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct studies of operations and workflow processes to develop the most cost efficient or productive processes, while focusing on improving productivity and work methods to reduce costs, improve customer experience, and to improve risk management and controls
- Identify, engage and present recommendations and findings to key stakeholders including CxO, SVP, and VP level executives
- Communicate and coordinate with business stakeholders working cross departmentally to determine/document business and user requirements, process flow definitions, and functional specifications.
- Manage change project timelines, including the identification, communication, monitoring, and managing of risks to process changes before & during any process change initiative
- Collaborate with IT and business subject matter experts to document and communicate requirements for larger IT projects & enhancements.
- Track status of projects, build & maintain timelines, manage risks/issues, and communicate project status to appropriate leadership.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure adoption of process/technical changes are effectively and efficiently rolled out.
- Review project progress and evaluate results for accuracy and efficiency
- Drive business transformation – change the current state into a more effective and efficient future state aligned to goals and objectives
- Monitor work processes, procedures and expenses, and establish programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals
- Oversee the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of operating systems and programs.
- Make recommendations & help implement improvements to the current state processes to improve operational quality, speed, or customer experience
- Develop reporting and analyze data to measure and report on operational metrics and adoption.
- Develop budgets and manage finances (including capital vs. expenditure allocation).
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
- Preferred: Lean/ Six Sigma Certification
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to learn new concepts, apply analytical thinking, multitask and prioritize projects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- High level of internal drive.
V. Work Environment
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Engineering/Environmental Protection
Title: Industrial Engineer - Process Improvement Analyst
Requisition ID: 17015139