Waste Management Director Strategic Accounts in Windsor, Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
The Group Segment Director will take charge of a group’s sales, marketing, and strategy for a segment, and develop and integrate the segment plans and strategies into an Area specific overall Customer Service Delivery plan to achieve maximum output and contribution for the corporate strategy. The Director will champion a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the group. In addition, the Director will implement new sales and marketing programs within the group to achieve growth in the segment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Function as the strategic and functional leader for implementation of assigned segment initiatives in a group.
- Function as the tactical voice of the segment customer.
- Implement sales structure, compensation plan, reporting mechanisms, and sales training for the segment-based sales organization in coordination with Area Sales Managers.
- Work closely with the Group Sales Vice President, Segment Vice President, and Area Sales Managers to modify value propositions for individual segments and make certain that service can be provided to meet the unique needs of the customer segment.
- Drive the group’s organization (sales, operations, customer service, billing, etc.) to change to meet the customers’ needs.
- Coach and manage Segment Reps who are responsible for new business, retaining current customers, and managing pricing for all customers within the segment. Reviews and gains agreement with each Area Sales Manager in regards to segment sales and marketing plans for the Area.
- Promote communication and coordination within the group’s sales organization across all segments by compiling and analyzing segment sales data to provide trend data to the Area Segment sales forces.
- Work with all tiers of the sales organization within the group and above market sales resources to drive revenue generating marketing programs for the segment.
- Ensure all segment sales messages and marketing communications within the group are consistent.
- Drive the growth and financial performance of the segment within the group.
- Monitor and analyze group sales results against program projections. Communicate progress to Group, Segment, and Area leadership.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has indirect supervisory duties for above-market and in-market segment sales representatives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Marketing or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten years of relevant work experience in business experience including sales, marketing, strategy and management experience plus experience at all sales levels using a consultative sales approach. Experience with various sales channels and partnerships. Has used appropriate levers to meet strategic goals, e.g., sales plan and/or training (in addition to education requirement).
This is a management position. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent upon individual performance, local market conditions and/or requirements.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Demonstrated successful leadership within a Fortune 500 environment and excellence in overall execution and leadership. Demonstrated a strong understanding of the planning and implementation of strategy and pricing.
- Worked internally to facilitate changes in systems and processes to support customers with the demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate a complex system and identify problems and solutions.
- Experience in articulating the business and product strategies emphasizing the strategic importance of the various products, systems and services.
- Strong track record of growth and gaining market share with a proven track record of negotiation success.
- Has implemented best practices across teams/organizations and has successfully initiated and used appropriate sales training programs.
- Candidates must have strong financial acumen as well as strong analytical skills in business metrics and forecast modeling, and be able to quickly design realistic action plans to effect change and effectively assign and manage task to accomplish goals.
- They should also be proficient in the use of technology including sales software and information technology to better manage and grow the business, and understand the total delivery of service to customers applying a broad understanding of the industry.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Director Strategic Accounts
Requisition ID: 17011281