Waste Management District Fleet Maintenance Manager - Transportation in Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider ofcomprehensivewaste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed toa foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength.WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrialand municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collectionoperations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-basedenergy production projects.
Perfect opportunity for agoal-driven professional looking for a company that provides the abilityto grow their career. You will be provided an extensive training andmentor program to give you the groundwork to be a successful manager at WM.
I. Job Summary
As a District Fleet Manager, you will manage the full fleet of primary andsecondary equipment for our Whitmore Lake location, in alignment with corporateobjectives. Span of Control: 1 location and approximately 35 assets. This position requires an effective leader who can train, motivate, andcoach their team to meet or exceed the company goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essentialduty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Below are some ofthe duties:
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Prepares and analyzes reports to proactively identify trends and issues. Track costs to ensure shop is operating effectively and meeting financial goals.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets – utilize vehicle management systems.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s high level of safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Any other duties necessary to make your shop, employees and WM successful, ethical, and safe.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the managementof supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 6 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Direct management of 5 or more diesel technicians
- Mechanical experience or knowledge including hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics.
- Fleet maintenance management experience in a metric driven environment
B. Certificates, Licenses,Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Preferred
- Strong coaching skills
- Strategic thought process
- Good computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate KPIs to workforce.
- Working knowledge of Heavy/Medium engine systems
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and workenvironment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: shop/office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”Text “WASTE” to 51893 to join our team (or learn more). *MSJA*
Title: District Fleet Maintenance Manager - Transportation
Location: Michigan-Whitmore Lake
Requisition ID: 17014552