Waste Management Oilfield Driver Class A – Energy Services (Sr / Trainer) in Waynesburg, Ohio
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management Energy Services offers a variety of oilfield related services throughout the U.S. shale plays. WM Energy Services excels in providing a safe work environment and the top-notch customer service our clients expect. Start your career with a company that has the resources and reputation to provide its employees with growth opportunity and a stable career. We are immediately seeking professionals who have experience working in the oil and gas industry, are safety focused, and customer-oriented. Join WM Energy Services and be a part North America’s leading environmental solutions team by applying today!
I. Job Summary
Develops and implements training for drivers, and performs assessments to ensure adherence to driving standards.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Trains and coaches new and existing drivers on use of applicable tools, equipment, and in fundamental routing practices; transfers expertise to drivers.
- Develops and delivers training to new and existing drivers on OSHA, DOT, and Waste Management policies and driving standards.
- Trains and coaches the High Risk Employees / Repeaters Plan, ensuring aggressive, constructive intervention with employees immediately following first safety incident.
- Re-trains after accidents, near misses, and/or negative observations.
- Works closely with Managers to improve efficiency and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Schedules and conducts Observation Behavior Assessments (OBA’s) to evaluate driver knowledge, operating behaviors, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Follows-up observations with constructive coaching and retraining when deficiencies are observed.
- Conducts employee interviewing, testing, hiring and evaluation. Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedure and monitors for compliance.
- Assists investigations of accidents and emergency spills.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Manager.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience with at least 1 year in a driver position.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Driver’s License A (CDL) with airbrakes, tanker, and hazmat endorsements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
- This physically strenuous position involves loading and off loading of contents.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds part of the work day; Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or field.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Oilfield Driver Class A – Energy Services (Sr / Trainer)
Requisition ID: 17015270