Waste Management Field Supervisor - Energy Services in Waynesburg, Ohio
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management Energy Services offers a variety of oilfield related services throughout the U.S. shale plays. WM Energy Services excels in providing a safe work environment and the top-notch customer service our clients expect. Start your career with a company that has the resources and reputation to provide its employees with growth opportunity and a stable career. We are immediately seeking professionals who have experience working in the oil and gas industry, are safety focused, and customer-oriented. Join WM Energy Services and be a part North America’s leading environmental solutions team by applying today!
I. Job Summary
Supervises drivers, laborers and support staff’s performance. Maintains contact with the drilling pads that are currently being serviced in addition to past and future pads.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for supervising multiple employees and 24/7 operations of WM Energy Services business units
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues
- Integral in managing WM safety and environmental programs to comply with customer safety standards
- Reviews daily or weekly demand / volume for trucks and resources
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for drivers and support staff
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur
- Assists and back up to dispatch and servicing customer needs
- Communicates and follows-up on problems at customer site, repairs, and safety issues reported by drivers
- Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific areas
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation
- Manages field crews performing well pad services and industrial cleaning on multiple drill locations
- Interacts with E&P company representatives on well pad operations
- Manages field tickets and paperwork flow for billing of projects
- Completes OBAs of field crews, safety meetings, and safety evaluations on a weekly basis
- Supports business development by identifying new service opportunities in the field with the E&P companies
- Frequently travels (locally) between oil and gas well pads
- Interaction with Operations Manager and Field Managers to ensure day-to-day responsibilities are successful
- Basic interface with business unit financials and understanding high level operations
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has supervisory responsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two years of prior work experience in oilfield, transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations in which coaching, routing assessments and leading employees were requirements of the role (in addition to education requirement)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Any Certificates required by contract or local conditions.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Energy Services
Title: Field Supervisor - Energy Services
Requisition ID: 17011019