Waste Management Hazwaste Logistics Project Manager - Remote (Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia) in Canada
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Plans and directs all onsite activities at client location in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues and contract management. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues. This position is remote.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling and scheduling bulk and drum loads.
- Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Handle high call volume from clients
- Light travel required (10%)
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of approximately 0 to 10 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Accounting or Business or four years of experience in lieu of education.
- Experience: Two years of previous hazardous waste experience in Western Canada (in addition to the education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Needs to have previous regulatory compliance experience in Western Canada.
- Needs to have good communication skills.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
- Supervisory and team building skills
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job: Office
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Hazwaste Logistics Project Manager - Remote (Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia)
Requisition ID: 17011360