Waste Management Mgr Operations - Mercury in Union Grove, Wisconsin
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is Searching for an experienced operations manager for our Mercury Waste facility in Union Grove. This Manager will need to have extensive experience with EH&S, team building, logistics, and knowledge of Industrial Maintenance. This Employee will be responsible for developing and leading a workforce of 17, in a highly regulated environment. Other key skills and responsibilities include knowledge / responsibility for budget performance and P&L, and regulatory compliance.
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The operations manager will be responsible to provide day-to-day management to provide for the efficient, safe and compliant operations of the Union Grove recycling facility. The manager will be responsible for personnel scheduling, incoming and outbound material scheduling and purchasing to insure profitability goals are met.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Hiring and firing of operations personnel
- Measure employees progress and daily activities based upon the Management by Objectives program
- Day to Day scheduling of operations personnel
- Schedule Production Activity to insure profitability of plant operations
- Implement, monitor and insure compliance with all plant and company SOP’s
- Schedule outgoing waste shipments as required.
- Profile outgoing waste streams with outside vendors to find the most efficient and cost effective option for all generated waste.
- Develop procedures to process materials to insure efficient, safe and complaint processing of the materials
- Operate plant in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Insure the health and safety of all employees
- Complete Month End Production and Accounting Reports to be distributed as assigned
- Develop and implement procedures to measure the performance of all employees and processes. Develop and implement procedures for continuous improvements
- Be an active member in the community through joining service organizations or local volunteer fire department
- Live within 20 miles of facility
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 17 full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of N/A full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) plus four years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Ten years experience in hazardous waste operations (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Mgr Operations - Mercury
Location: Wisconsin-Union Grove
Requisition ID: 17009570