Waste Management Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager in Taylor, Pennsylvania
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Treatment plant manager to manage the operations of the wastewater treatment plant near Alliance.
I. Job Summary
The manager manages the operations of the wastewater treatment plant.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages personnel and daily operations of plant to maintain optimum disposal flow. Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Fulfills purchasing function, including purchasing supplies, maintaining purchase order log, and reviewing purchase order transactions, for the treatment plant.
- Assembles and analyzes data. Tests and monitors results and creates appropriate reports.
- Serves as a liaison between plant and vendors, contractors, management, security, and others.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- The plant operates 24/7, the typical shift for the manager is 7:00am to 3:30pm but the day length will vary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: High school diploma or G.E.D., and four to six years previous experience.
- Preferred: Associate's Degree, or equivalent experience, and four to six years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Preferred: State Wastewater Operator Certificate (Class D-1 or higher).
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Previous plant supervisor experience may be required.
- Must be willing to be on call since the plant operates 24/7
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the day;
Normal setting for this job is a treatment plant.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Engineering/Environmental Protection
Title: Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager
Requisition ID: 17010734