Waste Management Inbound/Outbound Sales Rep - Industrial Segment in Portland, Oregon
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Supports assigned Industrial Account Manager(s) to drive industrial and hazardous waste sales revenue growth in an assigned sales territory.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Contributes to the achievement of the assigned territory revenue goals for industrial and hazardous waste business lines. Interacts and works cohesively with account managers and program managers. Reviews customer set-up documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Effectively utilizes, coordinates and cultivates relationships with internal and external customers. Applies technical knowledge to consult with existing and potential customers on transportation and disposal options.
- Develops customized proposals, prepares correspondence, and develops customized invoices. Develops economic and practical solutions for customers using a competitive pricing matrix.
- Actively assists customers in developing transportation and disposal options for the management of industrial and hazardous wastes.
- Maintains and builds upon existing account relationships through an active account retention program including the administration of profile re-certifications, regulatory updates and new service offerings. Leverages existing customer relationships to identify new waste stream opportunities.
- Assists customers with testing parameters and proper completion of profiles, manifests and land ban forms.
- Provides complete and accurate pre-screening of profiles and provides prompt resolution to incomplete/inconclusive profiles with Technical staff.
- Expedites the processing of profiles, contracts and credit requests, schedules pick-ups, resolves billing inquires, and resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Drives new opportunities and retains existing business through the use of written correspondence, collateral materials, email, and phone calls. Provides leads to account managers using internet and other news services. Conducts effective probing of inbound customer calls to identify the proper methodology to “close” the customer.
- Assists account mangers with receivables and collections issues.
- Handles inbound customer calls and referrals from account managers.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Delegates data entry, manifest preparation, filing and other basic administrative tasks to Industrial Sales Coordinators.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
Experience: 1 years of Industrial Sales Coordinator or Field Chemist work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Job-applicable hazardous waste regulatory and DOT courses (through WM University for current employees).
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Knowledge of hazardous waste regulations, DOT requirements, and corporate policies and procedures required. Requires proven experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Requires superior interpersonal skills for internal and external interactions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations required. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence required. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of organization is required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers is required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference and volume is required.
Ability to prioritize and apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form is required. Ability to deal with and solve practical problems is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is:office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Inbound/Outbound Sales Rep - Industrial Segment
Requisition ID: 17010117