Waste Management Manager Inside Sales in Phoenix, Arizona
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Manages the activities of one or more Market Areas’ Inside Sales Representatives and provides an accomplished level of expertise in the sale of Waste Management services over the telephone to customers resulting in additional revenue. Develops and implements appropriate sales and marketing programs to meet current and future customer needs and provides guidance and direction to Inside Sales Representatives
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To perform thisjob successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Inside Sales Team.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction on all sales transactions. Communicates to and works with the Market Area Sales Manager to help resolve unique customer issues.
- Supervises activities of the Inside Sales Department. Ensures team members meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales, lead generation and contact productivity.
- Forecasts and recruits qualified candidates for available and/or upgraded Inside Sales Team positions.
- Develops and executes ongoing training that provides both formal training and informal coaching sessions to all Inside Sales Representatives. Encourages feedback and is available to answer questions, provide direction and/or offer assistance when needed. Updates all Inside Sales Representative reference material as appropriate.
- Participates in training and coaching the Inside Sales staff.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
- Sets up and maintains accurate customer records for all customer interactions. This includes prospect data, contracts, orders and service machine documentation.
- Works with the Market Area Sales Manager to develop and implement strategies to up sell and cross sell to customers via outbound calls. Communicates goals to Inside Sales Representatives.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of _ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of _ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in or, in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience:Three years of business-to-business sales management plus three years in direct business-to-business sales, or two years of inside sales management experience(in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Demonstrate Leadership/Coaching
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Leverage Diversity
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Manager Inside Sales
Requisition ID: 17010046