Waste Management Customer Experience Manager - Setup in Phoenix, Arizona
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Customer Service Manager has overall responsibility for the Customer Service Center’s operations and employee leadership ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction, customer relations, performance and quality standards in Market Areas generating revenues less than $400 million.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Provides day-to-day management and support to customer service staff. Champion customer-centric culture inside and outside the call center cultivating an environment of trust, teamwork, and ownership.
- Responsible for the center’s operational optimization through use of effective metrics for staffing, scheduling and call volume forecasting. Analyze department performance and proactively identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and sales. Recognize performance trends, perform cause analysis and identify opportunities for improvement adjusting to meet set standards. Manage agents’ scorecards and reviews with Customer Service Supervisors.
- Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures and develops and implements customer service performance standards.
- Determines training needs and establishes programs. Perform periodic training quality assessments to ensure training standards are met. Coordinate training to ensure timely and consistent training delivery.
- Compiles all customer service reporting requirements. Develops and analyzes budgets, reports, and financial data.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
- Investigates and resolves escalated customer service inquiries.
- Participate and monitor Service Machine processes. Champion the Service Machine delivery methods.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of 8-10 full-time employees including: call center supervisors and staff;
Indirect supervision of 150 full-time employees.
Oversees personnel needs of the customer service department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
Review and evaluate supervisors’ performance on a regular basis in accordance with guidelines as provided by the People department.
Prepare and conduct all interviews for supervisors and trainer vacancies according to Waste Management hiring policies and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Sales/Marketing, Management, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five years of relevant work experience with at least two years of supervisory or management experience in customer service (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Call center or customer service experience and supervisory/management skills required.
- Strong knowledge of customer satisfaction drivers and strategic planning to achieve desired business results.
- Excellent skills in organization, analytical, prioritization, time management and handling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to work cooperatively with a tam of customer service providers and other members of the management team.
- Experienced and skilled at effectively providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Effective facilitative leadership skills and experience leading focused teams.
- Very good understanding of business processes, tools and techniques required to develop an engaged customer and employee environment.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Customer Support/Client Service Support
Title: Customer Experience Manager - Setup
Requisition ID: 17011842