Waste Management Account Manager-Peoria in Peoria, Illinois
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leadingprovider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Weare strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalismand financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers inresidential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout NorthAmerica through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills,recycling facilities and waste-based energy production project.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success byproviding access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leadingservices and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional salesprofessionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout NorthAmerica. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging andinteresting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growthby utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current WasteManagement customers. Manages existing business relationships in order toachieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retentionstrategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, andsecuring contract agreements from previously non-contractedcustomers. The Account Manager will “save, secure, and convert” byhandling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education ofcontract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contractcommitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations forcustomer service within the defined territory will be resolved through thisposition.
II. EssentialDuties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may beassigned.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquires in‑depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
- Ensures that Bucket 1, 2, and 3 customers have current signed written agreements on file and the appropriate service agreement information is entered into MAS.
This job has nosupervisory duties.
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education andExperience
Education: Bachelor'sDegree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED(accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
Experience: 3 years ofwork experience (in addition to education requirement) in a non-consumer basedindustrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment thatincludes successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order tomaintain revenue levels. Internal requirements include 2-years proven successin a Level 3 sales position.
This is a field-basedposition. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation andrecognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/ortraining programs.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to convertcustomer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/orcomplex negotiations skills required. General Competencies:
Communicate With Impact
Make Sound Decisions
Know the Business
Influence and Negotiate
Use Ethical Practices
Problem solving skills
Proficient with computerand software applications
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for thisjob is:office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, andPersonal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been lookingfor, please click "Apply."
Title: Account Manager-Peoria
Requisition ID: 17011356